Friday, March 14, 2014

Annoyed Eyelids


 


Some nights I can’t sleep. People say that we can’t sleep when we are in love just because we feel that reality is much beautiful than dream. Not in my case. Actually, love is not in my case. Night mares come. I try my hard to sleep but my eyes don’t listen to my mind. The war between my eyes and mind continues. But the mystery never gets end. I miss my mother. I miss her warmth. While I was with her, I used to curl up in her arms and she would hold me tight. My favourite place where I get world’s best sleep is my mother’s arms. I can still smell her body’s odour and I love it.

I am far away from my home. My mother is not with me. Sleep does not come to me. My eyes wide open though my mind tries to take rest. I think of stacks of things. Social networks have made the world smaller. We have cell phones. I think of calling my mother at the middle of the night but I stop myself. I know she is having sound sleep after her hard diurnal chores. I think of her and try to sleep but still my eyes do not agree.

I can still remember my father stroking my hair whole night just to make me sleep when my mother was out of home. My father used to tell me stories of mighty prince which I now know as lord Rama. I would sleep happily rejoicing the mighty prince’s victory over evil. My father used to cover me with the blanket and switch the light off. I knew making me sleep was a troublesome job for him but still he did. The warmth, the love that he has for me overweighed everything. Just to make me have sound sleep, he would be awake all night. The old memories do not satisfy my eyes. My eyes still does not want to take rest.


After recollecting so many memories still, my eyes wide open. I try to reach my hand to the table to catch hold of my cell phone. The sound bothers my roommate. She wakes and asks me why I am still up and I just give her a lopsided grin. She forces me to sleep but in vain. I know she gets wound up because it has become routine but still my eyes do not understand that. It does not want to close. My friend gets into her fantasy world again. I order my eyelids to hug each other. They do not listen to me. It feels like my eyelids are annoyed with each other because they do not want to touch each other. I turn left and right but still no sign of closing my eyes.

I peep through the curtains, the soft rays of dawn touches my eyes. I gaze at it for long time and the energetic rays of sun warms up my face. It is already morning. Another night, without sleep.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment