Friday, May 16, 2014

WHO AM I? WHY AM I HERE? WHERE AM I HEADING FOR?


“Who am I?” The question is undying one. If I don’t answer, I may never be able to decide between what my fundamental self wants and what other people influence me to want. I try my best to answer it for myself however the answer prearranged by others do affect the way I approach this question. The answer of this question cannot be found in a person’s religion or in the society they are brought up in, but it is found in a person’s heart and soul.
When I recollect my childhood days, I have dreamt of joining so many professions. Sometimes doctor, other times engineer and army officer at times. I never gave a thought to my inner self. And at times when I did, I found it complicated and dreamy. I have always been known for having lively personality. A girl with full of life, smiling and making others smile along with me. But that never contented me.
Everyone, who enters college, initiates a new life. It does not matter whether one was stupid or introverted; college gives everyone a second chance. A chance to become someone diverse, someone she or he always dreamt to become. College teaches us many essential lessons, which are not certainly found in the curriculum.
Now, as I am here in the college, the quest within me has been finally conquered. Now, I know myself. I am a kind of a girl who loves to talk, argue and explore things. I am a girl who admires working on her dream. I always wanted to explore things, communicate and bring about changes. Now I know my purpose. I have an aim. I want to become a teacher. I want to impart the skills and knowledge that I will acquire while my stay at Sherubtse. And this will be an on-going process. I want to grab every opportunity that approaches my way. Here, I get inspired by my tutors, especially by Mrs. Sangay Tshechu and Mr. Dorji Wangchuk. I want to become like them. My passion is amplified with the inspiration I have. I have the potential and as well as opportunity.

After coming to Sherubtse, I have come to know that there is an always bigger and better thing available. I know dedicating another two years in studying is not an easy task but it is completely reasonable to question the meaning and sense of coming to college. I am hopeful that Sherubtse will empower my imagination and enlarge my skills. I am on my way to explore and accomplish my dreams. Deciding the occupation as a teacher has been set in stone in my mind. Undoubtedly, I am progressing to construct a brighter future for myself.

1 comment:

  1. All the best! May all your dreams coming true very soon! :)

    ReplyDelete